Introducing a lady who described herself as, ‘…being blessed to be born & living in Kota Kinabalu! The sunset here is magnificent! One of the best kept secret in the world!’ A humbling yet wonderful quote, if I may say so myself which I picked up from her blog called lenorelee.blogspot.com.
I remember the first time I saw this tall with megawatt smile lady was when she introduced herself to the volunteering ladies in Junior Chamber International INTAN (JCI INTAN-a youth non governmental organisation) at our secretariat in Lintas, Kota Kinabalu Sabah by her best pal early 2007.
Lenore a Sino Kadazan comes from a bloodline of a Chinese Hakka dad and a Kadazan mum joined JCI INTAN & till this day have worked on various community projects for the betterment of Sabah’s community. Professionally working as an event manager, she consider herself as a travel bug, a photographer enthusiast & a nature lover by heart based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
For the purpose of this interview I asked her straight on as to why is she a ‘Fabulous’ Sabahan via facebook chat and got her answer in 10 minutes flat via email:P) No editing!!! (well only a little bit:P)
One thing that I’ve never complain of being a Sabahan are ;
- The super dupper yummy food galore !!! And how fascinating that each district or even suburb has its own food specialty! Never get bored of the never ending yummy food available here.
- The lush nature, islands which are just 20mins away from shore (I mean how many places in the world where there are several islands off the city coast that could be reached in less than 30 mins!!) and the majestic Mt. Kinabalu at the horizon that can be viewed from almost any part of Kota Kinabalu.
- Sabahan has a very liberal point of view compare to those from other states in Malaysia.
- The laidback & slow paced lifestyle! I mean why rush here & there like the big city? We may not get as much as what the big city can offer, but at heart, we are content in some way or another.
- I can say that I’m from North Borneo too!! Yippee!
- Last but not least… I’m just one fabs & lucky lady that I can proudly say I am a SABAHAN!